Autor Tema: Rules for attempted World Records and PBs  (Leído 1226 veces)

popeyethewelder

• usuario
Rules for attempted World Records and PBs
« en: 19/03/2012, 21:19:23 pm »
The sudden reason for a more stringent set of rules, follows the many doubts and raised eyebrows around Brian Holgate’s recent record.

I wanted to use a simple set of rules as possible, to get the data needed to verify a world record, also in the interest of safety and accuracy.

I had looked at other wind sport record rules, for instance the NALSA system, It is oriented toward top speed records for wind powered craft of all types. These qualify as extraordinary claims and require extraordinary evidence so the regulations are pretty rigorous.

I strongly suggested you do not want to go down that route, There are too many rules and it really over complicates what should be an easy record to validate. I would of course like to hear from you if you have a Strong case against any of the rules, but you must understand, rules are there for a valid reason, not just to be awkward.

Brian Holgate was hauled over the coals, (before his record was validated) I do not want this happening to anyone else, and in the interest of the existing record holders, the new record needs validating properly.

I asked on various forums also the FaceBook NABX thread for anyone interested to submit their rules, and I would take the most popular, accurate, and safe rules to use. So thank you anyone who submitted data.

So as of today anyone who wishes to try for the world record at either, Kite Buggy Top Speed, Ice Buggy Top Speed, 24hr Team and Solo Distance attempts the following criteria needs to be submitted.

http://popeyethewelder.com/world-buggying-records/buggy-speed-rules

All other record categories normal rules apply, GPS Photo etc